Spikezone is a specially modified game of mini-volleyball designed by the AVF (Australian Volleyball Federation) for primary school students (Years 4 to 6) with the focus of foundational learning.
The modifications to the program include:
- Smaller courts
- Lowered net height (1.9m)
- A softer and lighter ball
- Less players on court
- Modified rules for ease of playing
Spikezone is a nationally recognised program aimed at providing primary school players in years 4 to 6 the opportunity to begin volleyball at a younger age. As players mature, they have the option of continuing volleyball in Dragons' Junior Training Program. Our goal at Spikezone is to allow children to develop a love for volleyball by teaching them the foundations of volleyball while having fun at the same time. With this in mind, our coach/player ratio is 1:6 so that coaches can focus on a small group of children to deliver a good quality program.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR TERM 3 2021:
- Registration will be opened to Dragons members only from Monday 5 July 2021.
- Registrations will be opened to newcomers/new members from Tuesday 6 July, 5pm via "Members Login" above.
- If you wish to trial before committing to the rest of the term, you MUST register to trial. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
- All players must have a current Volleyball Queensland (VQ) Spikezone Membership to participate in the Dragons Spikezone program. If you do not have one, you can apply for one through us when registering for Spikezone Term 3. There is no additional cost for this VQ membership. See VQ Membership for details.
For more information, please email us HERE.
Term 3 Details:
Term 3 is a 10-week term.
Day/Dates: Tuesdays, 13 July to 14 September
Time: 6pm - 7.15pm
Please read this info for members and parents