Junior Training Program & Academy
Junior Training Program (JTP)
Our Junior Training Program (JTP) is a training development program designed for high school-aged boys and girls to learn and develop the skills and fundamental of volleyball, at the same time learn the importance of teamwork. JTP is great for players currently training in schools and wanting extra trainings or are new to the sport and wanting to learn.
There are five levels in the program–Beginners, Development, Intermediate, Advanced and Elite. Players will be assessed at their first session and allocated to the suitable level/group. Trainings run during school terms, you will have the flexibility to sign up on a term-by-term basis and registration will be accepted anytime during the term.
This program also provides a pathway for players into the Dragons Junior Academy Program, club representation competitions such as Junior PVL and State Championships, and state and national programs.
2021 Term Dates:
- Term 1 (9 weeks): 27 Jan - 1 April, once or twice a week.
- Beginners/Development: Tuesday and/or Friday at 6pm - 7.30pm.
- Intermediate/Advanced/Elite: Wednesday at 6pm - 7.30pm and/or Friday at 7.30pm - 9pm.
- Term 2 (10 weeks): 19 Apr - 25 Jun, once a week only, day and time to be advised.
- Term 3 (10 weeks): 12 Jul - 17 Sep, once a week only, day and time to be advised.
- Term 4 (8 weeks): 5 Oct - 10 Dec, once or twice a week on Tuesday and/or Friday, time to be advised.
- Summer Holidays (5 weeks): 13 Dec 2021 - 21 Jan 2022 (excludes 23 Dec 2021 - 3 Jan 2022), once or twice a week on Tuesday and/or Friday, time to be advised.
- Term 1 once a week: $126
- Term 1 twice a week: $252
- Terms 2 and 3 once a week: $140/term*
- Term 4 once a week: $112
- Term 4 twice a week: $224
- Yearly fee (excludes summer holiday) once a week in terms 1-4): $466 (10% dsiscount)
- Yearly fee (excludes summer holiday) twice a week in terms 1 & 4 and once a week in terms 2 & 3: $680 (10% discount)
- Summer Holiday 2021/2022 once a week: $70
- Summer Holiday 2021/2022 twice a week: $140
*No twice-a-week option in terms 2 and 3.
TERM 1 AND FULL YEAR REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
If you are currently not a Dragons member, you will need to first sign up the Junior Training Program (JTP) Membership, and while logged in, go to "EVENTS" to register JTP Term 1 or JTP Full Year.
if you are a current Dragons member, log in and go to "EVENTS" to register JTP Term 1 or JTP Full Year.
The Academy program while is a training-only program similar Junior Training Program, this program is a higher level and structured year-long training development program offered to players aged 13-20. This program will cover volleyball training, coaching development, strength & conditioning, knowledge-based sessions such as sports nutrition, sports psychology, team building events, etc. Athletes will attend sessions twice a week during non-PVL season (usually terms 1 and 4), and once a week during PVL season (erms 2 and 3). Each session is 1.5 to 2 hours. This program is by invitation and players are scouted from our JTP and/or JPVL programs.
Training Days and Time:
- Term 1: Twice a week on Wednesdays 6pm - 7.30pm and Friday 7.30pm - 9pm.
- Terms 2 and 3: Once a week, day and time to be advised.
- Term 4: Twice a week on Tuesday and Friday 7.30pm - 9pm.
For more information about our Junior Training Program (JTP) and Academy, please email us HERE.
For information about Junior Premier Volleyball League, please refer to Volleyball Queensland website HERE.