Junior Training Program & Academy
Junior Training Program (JTP)
Our Junior Training Program (JTP) is a training development program designed for high school-aged boys and girls to learn and develop the skills and fundamental of volleyball, at the same time learn the importance of teamwork. JTP is great for players currently training in schools and wanting extra trainings or are new to the sport and wanting to learn.
There are four levels in the program–Beginners, Development, Intermediate and Advanced. Players will be assessed and allocated to the suitable level/group. Trainings run during school terms, you will have the flexibility to sign up on a term-by-term basis.
This program also provides a pathway for players into the Dragons Junior Academy Program, club representation competitions such as Junior PVL and State Championships, and state representative programs (such as AJVC and QAS program).
- Once a week: $120 per term (10 weeks/term)
- Twice a week: $240 per term (10 weeks/term)
2020 Term 1 Training Schedule:
Beginner and Development levels:
TUESDAY SESSIONS ARE NOW FULL.
- Once a week: Tuesdays OR Fridays at 6pm - 7.30pm
- Twice a week: Tuesdays AND Fridays at 6pm - 7.30pm
Intermediate and Advanced levels:
- Once a week: Tuesdays at 6pm - 7.30pm OR Fridays at 7.15pm - 8.45pm
- Twice a week: Tuesdays at 6pm - 7.30pm AND Fridays at 7.15pm - 8.45pm
The Academy program is a step up from our Junior Training Program (JTP). This program is also a training development program for high-school-aged boys and girls, however only by invitation for higher-intermediate and advanced levels only. This program will cover volleyball training, strength & conditioning, knowledge-based sessions such as nutrition, sports psychology, team building events, etc. Athletes will attend sessions twice a week during non-PVL/State Champs season (usually terms 1 and 4, and part of term 3), and once a week during PVL/State Champs season. Training sessions are between 1.5 to 2 hours per session.
Fee: $660 per year.
- Term 1 (10 weeks from 28 Jan): Twice a week on Tuesdays 6pm - 7.30pm and Fridays 7pm - 8.45pm.
- Term 2 (10 weeks from 24 Apr): Once a week, day/time to be advised.
- Term 3 (10 weeks from 17 Jul): Once a week, day/time to be advised.
- Term 4 (8 weeks from 6 Oct): Twice a week on Tuesdays 5.30pm - 7pm and Fridays 7pm - 8.45pm.
Training schedule is subject to changes from term-to-term.
Training venue for both programs:
The Gap State High School at 1020 Waterworks Road, The Gap, QLD 4061 (enter via Gate 1, besides Subway at The Gap Village).
For more information, please email us HERE.
For information about Junior Premier Volleyball League, please refer to Volleyball Queensland website HERE.